Cash in Your Pension Early

Trusted by 2,000 Clients Across Ireland

Cash in my pensionCALL US: 01 890 3518
Google Review

We can help

If you have ever paid into a:-

Company Pension Scheme
Defined Benefit (DB) Pension Scheme
Defined Contribution (DC) Pension Scheme
Personal Pension Scheme

What we do

Help You Assess Your Options
Help You Cash in Your Pension (if eligible)
Help You Access a 25% Tax-Free Lump Sum (if eligible) *up to €200,000

How?

How to book an appointment:

Free Consultation

Book a consultation & Cash In Your Pension

GreviewsPSL
2,000+ Clients
  • Avatar Marc Cudden ★★★★★ a month ago
    Contacted the team recently looking for options regarding my pension. I have been paying into a pension for several years but honestly never knew where i stood or even got a review of it. I was surprised … More at how it was performing and the savings I was able to make. Top class service from start to finish. Great communication! Thanks again!
  • Avatar Damien Daly ★★★★★ 2 months ago
    Excellent service from Ian and all involved I didn't have to do anything through the whole process kept in touch regularly with updates communication was excellent very professionalHighly recommendedThanks … More AgainDamien
  • Avatar conor corrigan ★★★★★ 2 months ago
    Very helpful team that went through all of my options with me in an easy to understand, friendly and professional manner. Excellent service
  • Avatar John Sheridan ★★★★★ 5 months ago
    Excellent service from Ian and the team. I found the information provided was very easy to understand and the customer service was outstanding. Highly recommend!
  • Avatar Evelyn Nally ★★★★★ 5 months ago
    I contacted the team and sought guidance on my pensions. They were honestly so helpful and friendly and assisted me with every single query I had. I have a few pensions o/s and to have someone who is experienced … More to bring me through what my options are, is very beneficial, so Thank you for all the help.Would highly recommend if you need support on your pension(s)
  • Avatar Philip O Driscoll ★★★★★ 6 months ago
    I was putting off starting a pension for a long time because I wasn’t sure how to go about it. Ian and the team explained the process and made it really simple. Would recommend anyone in a similar position … More to give them a shout.

Client Case Study - January (2021)

Defined Benefit Pension Scheme

Name | Colin

Age | 55

Colin worked for an Irish telecommunications company and was part of their Defined Benefit pension scheme for 24 years. He left employment 6 years ago and was looking to assess his options.

Following a consultation with an advisor, Colin decided to transfer his pension benefits into a policy in his own name. This enabled Colin to access 25% of his benefits free of tax.

He also wanted to ensure that should anything happen to him, his pension was inheritable to his spouse. Both Colin and his advisor weighed up his specific situation along with the scheme rules associated with his benefits and decided this was the best course of action.

Inheritability and the rules regarding a scheme should be looked at on an individual basis.

Client Case Study - March (2021)

Defined Contribution Pension Scheme

Name | Lorcan

Age | 50

Lorcan worked for an employer in Dublin for 17 years before the employer relocated to India. Lorcan knew himself and the employer contributed to a Defined Contribution pension scheme during his employment.

However, Lorcan was under the impression he could not access his benefits until age 65 although this was incorrect.  After speaking with our team, he was able to access 25% of his benefits tax-free and invest the remaining 75% through the AMRF/ARF option.

If your situation is similar to either of the above and you would like to assess your options, feel free to contact our team.

Paid into a pension?

We can help you access it.

Video Time 0:52

We help clients across Ireland assess their pension options.

Click to book an appointment

Due to a change in government legislation in 2016, most Occupational Pension Schemes can be accessed from age 50 with many eligible for a 25% tax-free lump sum.

Access your company pension

4 easy steps to accessing your pension

Step 1.  Contact our team.

Step 2.  An advisor will review your current pension arrangement.

Step 3.  If beneficial and the correct choice for your situation, you will be enabled to transfer to a Personal Retirement Bond (PRB).

Step 4.  Access and take control of your pension fund.

ACCESS MY PENSION

Due to a change in government legislation in 2016, most Occupational Pension Schemes can be accessed from age 50 with many eligible for a 25% tax-free lump sum.

4 easy steps to accessing your pension

Step 1.  Contact our team.

Step 2.  An advisor will review your current pension arrangement.

Step 3.  If beneficial and the correct choice for your situation, you will be enabled to transfer to a Personal Retirement Bond (PRB).

Step 4.  Access and take control of your pension fund.

ACCESS MY PENSION

Cashing in Your Pension Early

Perhaps you are looking at accessing your pension early. In some cases, you may be eligible to access cash from age 50.

  • Defined Contribution Scheme
  • Deferred Member of a Defined Benefit Scheme
  • Own a Personal Retirement Bond. Also, known as a Buy-Out-Bond
  • Executive Pension Plan (EPP)
  • Employer-Sponsored PRSA’s

It is worth noting that the above will be scheme dependant.

Accessing 25% Tax-Free Cash

You may access 25% of your pension benefits tax-free up to a lifetime limit of €200,000. You may also have the option of accessing your remaining benefits as taxable cash. However, there are certain stipulations.

For example, you will need to have a guaranteed income of €12,700 per annum or have €63,500 invested in an Approved Minimum  Retirement Fund (AMRF) and or an Annuity.

Alternatively, you may take your 25% tax-free cash, and invest the remaining 75% of your fund. Again, you must satisfy the €12,700 per annum condition or have a minimum of €63,500 in an Approved Minimum Retirement Fund.

FAQ's

Who Can Access Cash From Their Pension?

In certain circumstances, you may be able to withdraw cash from your pension. If you were part of an occupational pension scheme and have since left or changed employment you may be eligible. However, this will depend on the scheme rules. If you are in this position it may be worth contacting a financial adviser for assistance.

Can I Cash in my Pension Early?

Yes. However, it will depend on where your pension is and the rules associated with that scheme. If you were part of an Occupational Pension Scheme from previous employment you could potentially access tax-free cash from age 50. In some cases, you may be able to access 25% of your fund tax-free up to a lifetime limit of €200,000.

From What Age Can I Cash in my Pension?

Usually, it is age 60. In some cases, you can access it early from age 50 in an occupational pension scheme. In a PRSA, you will have to wait until age 60 unless you are an employee leaving service. In a case where there is ill-health or long-term disability, an exemption may be permitted for early access.

How Long Does it Take to Cash in my Pension?

Something as important as your pension takes time. After discussing potential options with your advisor, allow for 8-12 weeks for the documentation to be processed.

What is The Cost of Cashing in my Pension?

There are no up-front fees. Firstly, discuss all potential options with your advisor. Should you choose to proceed then any fees and charges will be outlined in a transparent manner.

What Information is Needed to Unlock My Pension Benefits?

Initially, the process is simple. You will be under no obligation to proceed but knowing your options can never be a bad thing.

A casual chat with a Qualified Financial Advisor will give clarity regarding your situation and potential options.

Your advisor will request you complete a form with some basic information. From here they can begin to see exactly what options may be available to you.

What information is needed from you:-

  • Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Current Address
  • PPS Number
  • Details of Employment (years worked/company name and address)
  • Any relevant correspondence in relation to the scheme

Of course, the information you provide, the greater the chance of tracing your pension.

Considerations

Although it may be tempting to draw down your benefits early, it is not a decision that should be taken lightly. You should enlist the help of a qualified professional and assess the pros and cons of any potential decision.

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to pensions and each person has a different set of circumstances. Take time to meet with your advisor and take a holistic look at your financial situation. Your pension will only be one piece of the puzzle.

Access Your Pension

GreviewsPSL
2,000+ Clients

If eligible, our team can help you cash in your pension early. .

Call us on 01 890 3518 or fill out our quick enquiry form